We have all come across many air fresheners in our life. We have used them in one form or another as they were a good solution to mask unpleasant odors in various places throughout our homes. This might have looked like a good decision as it can fight with the unpleasant odor and replace it with a good and refreshing one but we should also keep in mind that the chemicals used in these products are not always good for your health. In fact, many of these products come with harmful chemicals which are bad for your health. In this situation one might think about a possible alternative for these chemically rich air fresheners. Well, you have one in the form of some homemade natural DIY air fresheners.
DIY Air Fresheners to Mask Unpleasant Odors
Each DIY air fresheners to mask unpleasant odors are given below:
Homemade Air Freshener Spray
To make this wonderful homemade air freshener spray you will need the following ingredients:
- A clean 2 to 4 ounce spray bottle
- You will need some water
- A Lavender essential oil is also needed along with a sweet orange essential oil
- You will have to get a Lemon essential oil
- And some measuring spoons
Fill your plastic bottle three fourths full with water. Then add 3/4 teaspoon of the lavender essential oil. Once done, add an additional 1 teaspoon of sweet orange essential oil and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon essential oil. Tighten the lid and shake the container (bottle) well. You have to make sure that the oils blend thoroughly with water.
As soon as everything is done, you are all set to use your brand new home made and self-made air freshener spray. You can use it for your personal room, living room, drawing room, kitchen and almost everywhere.
Shake well before using, because you don’t want the oils to be separated from water.
The Air Freshener Made From Baking Soda
Baking soda is a very valuable item when it comes to the homemade natural things. If you are into self-making the things which are available in market and which are necessary for your use than you might know the value of baking soda and could have some of it already stored.
The things you will need are:
- Baking Soda
- You will need to get a clean Mason Jar
- The Lavender essential oil
- Wrapping paper and Scrapbook
- Spoons and measuring cups
- Pencil, fork, Scissors and Glue stick. Glue stick is optional.
- You will also need some Toothpicks or a pin.
- Put the lid of Mason jar on a scrapbook paper or wrapping paper. Draw an outline around it using a pencil then cut it out.
- Replace the metal insert of Mason jar with the paper circle you had cut. Use some glue if required.
- Put 1/2 cup of baking soda in the Jar.
- Add 15 drops of the lavender essential oil u have.
- Mix all these ingredients with a fork. Put the lid on the Mason jar and use a toothpick or pin for making small holes in the paper cover.